Graduate Student Salary and OPE rates by Department (FY19)
GRAs are appointed from 0.40 - 0.49 FTE in the College of Science, depending on the project and scope of work. See the graduate school link for more information on graduate assistants. (last updated March 2019).
Please note: Graduate Assistant appointments at OSU are ultimately governed by the contract agreement between OSU and the Coalition of Graduate Employees, American Federation of Teachers Local 6069. Departments should consult the Office of Human Resources and the CGE contract for definitive employment rules and regulations concerning Graduate Assistant appointments. The CGE contract takes precedence over all other published information.
All graduate assistants are required:
- To be a regularly admitted, conditionally admitted, or provisionally admitted graduate student at Oregon State University (i.e., not a graduate non-degree-seeking, postbaccalaureate student, or PharmD or DVM student).
- To be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking graduate student at Oregon State University, completing a minimum of 12 credits of instruction each term (3 credits during summer session). Audit registrations, course withdrawals, and enrollment in INTO OSU may not be used to satisfy these minimum enrollment requirements.
- To be making satisfactory progress toward an advanced degree.
College of Science Departmental rates
The CoS has seven departments
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Integrative Biology
- Microbiology (split between CoS and Ag Sciences)
Click here for departmental rates