Submitted by madduxb on Tue, 08/08/2017 - 09:26
Grant submission timeline for the College of Science and OSRAA
4+ weeks (especially for big, collaborative proposals)
- Pull the team together as applicable
- Develop a timeline for proposal writing, review, and logistics (Cayuse record and review, budget development, biosketches, current and pending, etc).
- Contact Proposal Support for assistance on logistics
2-3 weeks before the deadline
- Meet with Proposal Support to discuss proposal needs. (This can be done via email, phone or in-person meeting).
- Work with Proposal Support to create a checklist of all items needed such as proposal support letters, subcontractor documents, cost sharing agreements, etc
- Create the Cayuse Record
1+ week before the deadline
- Complete Cayuse SP (and 424 where applicable), attach necessary files needed for approvals
- Budget and justification
- Draft research plan (note: you can continue to work on the research plan)
- Cost share agreements, if applicable
- Subcontractor documents, if applicable
- budget justification
- Statement of Work (SOW)
- Letter of Intent from the subcontractor's organization (for NIH proposals, this should include a conflict of interest statement)
5-7 days before the deadline
- Submit Cayuse SP for routing. This is very important. It can take a few days to get signatures and OSRAA requires 3 days to review after all units have authorized the proposal.
- Create proposal in the sponsor's website (e.g. Fastlane) as applicable
3-5 days before the deadline
- Upload all pieces of the proposal to the sponsor website. You can continue working on the technical proposal and references.
- Reach out to Proposal Support for any logistical pieces you might need assistance with at this point, so you can focus on writing.
1-3+ days before the deadline
- Review and reply on comments from OSRAA
- Upload any remaining proposal pieces
1+ day(s) before
- After OSRAA approval, notify OSRAA at firstname.lastname@example.org when your proposal is ready to be submitted, if submitting via sponsor's website.
- OSRAA will not submit your proposal without your explicit permission.